The Garden Christian Academy nurtures the minds and hearts of students of diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds by providing a classical and Christ-centered education that is affordable for all. Located in Cleveland’s Clark-Fulton neighborhood, The Garden Christian Academy partners with families to grow their children with an education that prepares them for the most good—intellectually, emotionally, physically, socially, and spiritually.
Ways to Serve
- During or After School Tutors – hours are flexible- work one on one with a student who needs extra support in a subject area. Volunteer tutors must have a current BCI/FBI check on file with GCA.
- Donate Lunch – both GCA and The Bridge Avenue School exist at the Family Ministry Center and as such we share a nutrition/lunch coordinator and meals. Volunteers can donate a prepared meal and/or time in the kitchen helping our coordinator on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Springtime Garden Preparation- GCA has an onsite garden that will need some spring prepping in order for our students to learn and work it this March-June. You can organize a small group to come for a workday at any time or date in April that fits your schedule.
- Preach/teach the Word at GCA chapel – Every Wednesday at 8:30 am, we gather to hear from the Lord through scripture, often with a guest speaker. We love showing our students how big and diverse the body of Christ is.
- Share a skill or talent with our students – Love painting? Know how to quilt or knit? Are you a classically trained musician or a retired music teacher? Are you a skilled carpenter? Are you fluent in Spanish or love learning Latin? We value the trades, art, music, and more at GCA and believe God created each of us uniquely with skills and talents for His glory. Want to come expose and teach our students about something you are passionate and gifted at doing? We would love to have you as a guest teacher.
Contact: Danielle Piscura ( [email protected] or 216-352-3408 )